Linking Aadhaar Card to various services has turned out to become mandatory in India. As we all know, Aadhaar Card has gained immense reputation and fame all over the country in the recent times. Aadhaar Card is a crucial document considered as an identity of an individual residing in the country. The Indian Government has made it obligatory for all the banks and common people to link their Aadhaar Card with their accounts. As per the latest notification, the last date for this procedure is 31st December 2017. The people who fail to link Aadhaar Card to their bank accounts, mobile numbers, etc won’t be able to endure their regular services. All the operations carried out through the bank accounts and mobile phones will be stopped abruptly after the deadline. Hence, it is very much important for people to seed the UID into the bank account.
By using a special online tool designed by UIDAI, the users will be able to check the status of their Aadhaar and Bank account Seeding via online. If you are not fully aware of verifying the status of Aadhaar Linking online then, we are here to help you, folks. From the day the Government has made this directive in June 2017, all the banks in the country have started asking the customers to link Aadhaar to their bank accounts. The UIDAI [Unique Identification Authority of India] issues a 12-digit Unique Identity Number [UID] and Aadhaar Card to the people in India. The online tool rolled out by UIDAI will let the users check the Aadhaar Card and bank account seeding status through an OTP. In order to do verify it, the customers need to register the mobile number with Aadhaar. This can be done online via the official UIDAI website i.e., on www.uidai.gov.in.
Aadhaar & Bank Account Seeding
Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking is very important for all the people who are seeking to continue their banking and other services in India. A 12 digit biometric number is required for linking the Aadhaar number with a bank account. For completing the linking procedure, the customers need to visit the bank branch for various transaction purposes. It needs interaction with the respective officials of the bank in the country. It is immensely vital for the people to update the Aadhaar number and link it to their bank account. After submitting the Aadhaar Card details at the nearest bank branch, the users need to link the two. Check the complete procedure of checking the status of linking Aadhaar with Bank account via online.
How to Check Aadhaar-Bank account Linking/Seeding Status Online?
Here are the simple steps that help the users to check Aadhaar Card and Bank Account Linking status via online:
- First of all, visit the official website of UIDAI i.e., uidai.gov.in.
- Once you navigate to this site, you can view the home page of the website.
- On the home page, there are various links related to the Aadhaar Online Services.
- Just search for the link that says ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status’ under ‘Aadhaar Services’ tab on the same page.
- Soon after tapping that link, you will redirect to a new web page.
- On that page, you can check the status of Aadhaar and Bank account by entering your Aadhaar Number.
- In the next field, you must enter the security code shown on the page.
- After entering precise details in the respective fields, just tap the button that says ‘Send OTP’.
- The user must enter the OTP which was sent to the registered mobile number to log in.
- Remember that the OTP is valid only for a stipulated time period.
- Enter the OTP in the provided field and hit the ‘Login’ button that appears at the bottom of the webpage.
- Once you are done with the verification process, UIDAI will display the message as ‘Congratulations! Your Bank Aadhaar Mapping has been done.’
That’s all! This is the easy process to check or verify the status of Aadhaar and Bank account Linking.